Sunday, February 3, 2013

Reading

So I was home sick today (I know Mom, I'm sick all the time) and I spent the time reading. Finishing a book I'd been working on all week, Valhalla Rising by Clive Cussler. Starting and finishing two books George had wanted me to read, Theodore Boone the Accused by John Grisham and How to Train Your Dragon by Cressida Cowell. And I read two kids books to Rebecca, one of which was Louise, the Adventures of a Chicken by Kate DiCamillo. I like Clive Cussler books, even though I'm not much on ocean going technology or old cars and planes. It's the whole adventure idea. And I like most of the books that George reads, likely because I taught him to read and have greatly influenced his reading selections by picking out books that look interesting to me and giving them to him to read. Theodore Boone is not bad because it's Grisham with less violence and no language. As for the other one, I liked the movie better. It's not a bad book, just not as enjoyable as the movie, which really had none of the same elements as the book other than names, so I shouldn't compare. Still, if I had to recommend, I'd say skip the book and just watch the movie. As for the chicken book, most amusing. Read it if you have the chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment